Have you ever avoided going to the gym simply because you didn’t know what to do or how to do it? Working out doesn’t need to be complicated. Sometimes the simplest exercises are the most effective.
As well, you don’t need a room full of fancy equipment to get in shape. Almost all of these exercises you can do anywhere – hotel room, playground, at the beach – where ever.
Here’s 12 super effective exercises that’ll help you build toned muscle, burn fat and get you back in your skinny jeans.
A fantastic exercise to build strength and balance in your lower body. Lunges help develop your gluteals (Your butt muscles) and your hamstrings.
- Take a large step forward
- Keep your back straight and your chest proud
- Drop down so that both knees are bent at 90 degrees
The ultimate leg exercise. The squat works your back, your butt, your quads and your hamstrings.
- Feet slightly more than shoulder width apart
- Keep your chest proud and your back straight
- Drop your hips down while keeping the weight on your heels
Pull ups build your biceps and your back.
- Grab the bar so that your hands are slightly shoulder width apart
- Keep your back straight and your legs still
- Pull your chin up to the bar and repeat.
The #1 high intensity exercise that everyone loves to hate
- Do a push up
- And then jump up
High intensity exercise to get your heart racing and your muscles burning.
- Feet shoulder width apart
- Drop your hips down so that your thighs are parallel to the floor
- Jump up
Explosive power and muscle building all at once.
- Take a big step forward
- Bend your knees
- Jump and switch your feet in mid air.
The best exercise to get 6 pack abs.
- Lay down on the floor with your hands behind your head
- Touch your right knee to your left elbow
- Switch and bring your left knee to your right elbow
Skipping rope is one of the best ways to burn fat and build cardio.
- Holding the rope loosely in your hands, keep your elbows close to your sides.
- Stay on your toes.
- Start with both feet together; and then, go right/left/right/left
The king of all upper body exercises. Push ups develop your chest, your triceps and strengthen your core.
- Have your hands on the floor slightly shoulder width apart.
- Keep your body straight as a a board
- Drop your chest so that your elbows bend 90 degrees and repeat.
The only core exercise you really need to do.
- Have your elbows on the floor
- Keep your head, hip and heels all in one line
- Keep your head straight
Build your butt, your back and your hamstrings with this fantastic exercise.
- Lay on your back with your hands on the floor for stability
- Put your calves on the stability ball
- Lift your hips and roll the ball to your butt bending your knees at 90 degrees
This is a more advanced squat that builds stability, balance and leg strength.
- Sit on a bench.
- Stand up using only one leg.